A retiree owned too much company stock
- “Retirement looked pretty good until GE shares collapsed.” (Wall Street Journal, 4/22/2018)
Additional Reading: We Only Get to Experience One Version of Reality (The Reformed Broker, 4/23/2018)
An early retiree misses their old working life
- What if I’m wrong about everything? (Thriftygal, 4/18/2018) “What if happiness is more about roots and people and relationships and productivity and less about freedom and flexibility?”
When life happens
- Stan Hinden’s plans for his twilight years were undone when his wife was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. He shares that experience, and other lessons, in the latest edition of his book, How to Retire Happy. (NPR, 3/13/2013)
Additional Reading: The Secrets Of ‘How To Retire Happy’ (Forbes, 6/25/2013)
· Don’t miss your opportunities.
· Do find a way to be friends with your children and grandchildren, even though they are very busy. You need them and whether they realize it or not, they need you.
Bonus if you’re still reading this post:
50 Ways The World is Getting Better: A must read.
SAGE Serendipity: It’s less than 3 weeks until the big day. The Royal Wedding FAQ from the New York Times will answer all your important questions such as: What if my invitation was lost in the mail? Or… Is it true that Harry and Meghan are distant cousins? If you think they are missing some pertinent info, you can send in your very own question. And even if you don’t give a royal hoot it’s a fun browse.