In our last posting, we shared some of our favorite books with you. Lest you think we spend all of our free time with our noses buried in books (real or virtual), we want you to know that we also spend plenty of time exercising as well. Our thumbs, that is. Here are some of our favorite apps:
Sheri Iannetta Cupo
- NETX360 – Of course! For viewing client accounts – and viewing ours too.
- Meditation app – For my daily meditations, as described in our recent post on Meaningful Meditation.
- Kindle app – To feed my reading habit, as described in “What SAGE Reads.”
- Yelp – Especially for finding an assortment of amazing restaurants when we travel, such as when we trekked across Massachusetts on our sons’ “2013 College Tour.”
- Evernote – To organize all my reading reference material.
- Solitaire and Bejeweled – For mindless entertainment.
- FlipBoard – For aggregating content into a magazine-style reading format.
- HBO – To catch “Game of Thrones” when I’m on the go.
- ONLIVEDESKTOP – To convert my iPad to a Windows-based machine.
- Jump – For logging onto my desktop from my Android phone.
- Twitter – One of the fastest ways to keep up with current events. (Follow me if you’d like to receive my regular tweets on a variety of topics.)
- New York Times – Free access to top dozen or so daily articles; an early-morning guilty pleasure when I’m supposed to be getting kids out of the house.
- Weather Channel – Rain? Again???
- MapQuest – It will read you the instructions, like a traditional global positioning system (GPS).
- Radio Paradise – My happy go-to for background music.
- Pandora – More music, for if I’m looking for something specific.
- Netflix – I love being able to stop and start my movie viewing whenever I like.
- Wall Street Journal – I’d be remiss if I didn’t look at it!
- Huffington Post – Not always high-brow reporting, but always interesting.
- White Pages – Quick lookups for numbers and addresses on the go.
- CrashPlan – We back up our personal computers here, and I can access the files remotely.
- Bleacher Report – For real-time sports updates on my favorite teams.
- XFINITY – Perfect for when I forget to record my TV shows when I’m not home.
- Zite – A personalized magazine featuring articles and topics of my interest.
- Pandora and Radio Paradise – For listening to great music during my daily dog walk.
- FitBit – A new App for recording daily activity, food and water consumption. You put in a goal you would like to achieve – such as losing five pounds or burning 1500 calories – and FitBit tracks it and reports how you’re doing. I didn’t realize how those few extra daily snacks can knock you off-track.
- Find iPhone – Essential when you are in a house with two teenagers!